©Bailing Out Benji 2021
All research and information was done by the volunteer team at Bailing Out Benji and therefore must be cited as such when shared or quoted.
“We don’t buy from puppy mills.”
“All of our puppies come from small, local breeders.”
“We visit every breeder we buy from.”
We have all heard these sentences come from the mouths of pet store owners and their employees.
They paint this beautiful picture of puppies running by a pond and parents frolicking in the fresh, green grass… Sadly, 99% of the time that is a false. The pet store owners know it, the employees might know it- but the customer is completely in the dark.
This is why we are here.
Bailing Out Benji is a small nonprofit that started in Ames, Iowa and now has volunteer teams all over the country. We are all committed to raising awareness about the puppy mill issue, particularly the connection to pet stores.
So what is the truth? What is the public supposed to believe when the nice store owner and employees paint such a believable and beautiful picture? Again… This is why we are here.
Volunteers from Bailing Out Benji devote their free time to researching puppy mills to create puppy mill maps for the worst states, as well as raise awareness about notorious pet stores and breeding operations with huge violations. This includes obtaining CVI data (Certificates of Veterinary Inspections) and making those reports public.
-Before an animal is transported out of state, a veterinarian, accredited by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), must examine the animal for signs of “infectious, contagious or communicable disease” and, if no disease is found, sign the certificate for approval to transport.
To make this easier, we will be breaking our research down alphabetically by each pet store and connecting them to the various facilities they use. All of this information has come from the Department of Agriculture and the USDA. All of the breeders listed as associated with the pet stores sold puppies or kittens to them in the years 2021, 2020, and 2019.
We are a small nonprofit organization that makes big changes with very few resources. Our research is used by the leading animal welfare organizations across the country, because what we do is so unique and important.
To make a one time donation or to sign up to be a sustaining supporter to allow us to continue our various programs that expose the puppy mill industry, click the donate button below
Frontier Pets, formerly known as Pet City Cheyenne- 1400 Dell Range Blvd, Cheyenne, WY 82009
- Becky Busboom. Dannebrog, Nebraska- Busboom is a dog broker, who sources puppies from various facilities and resells them to pet stores. To view which facilities Busboom buys from, click here.
- Jace Glanz. Lodge Pole, Nebraska- is not state or USDA licensed.
- Julia Johnson, QuenJewel. Murray, Iowa- 23 adult breeding dogs and 36 puppies.
- Matthew Milligan. Meridian, Idaho- is not state or USDA licensed. Milligan did own a problematic pet store in Idaho that sold sick puppies.
- Natalie Baker. Lorimor, Iowa- is not state or USDA licensed. Baker sells to pet stores all over the country.
- Angie Schaaf and Casey Schaaf, Nebraskaland Pets AKA Big Red Country Kennel . Atkinson, Nebraska- 220 adult breeding dogs and 189 puppies.
- Rebecca Mosshart, SBM Kennel. Protection, Kansas- 117 adult breedings dogs and 63 puppies.
- Tammy Sunt. Ireton, Iowa– is not state or USDA licensed.
*Please note* We do not receive documents about the Wyoming breeders these stores might source from, since CVIs are not needed unless animals cross state lines. Since the stores also source from brokers, there are likely many more breeders supplying puppies through them.
If you bought a puppy from a pet store and want to know more about its origins, please fill out the form below.
For more ways you can help the dogs trapped in puppy mills, click here.
We also have educational materials that you can print to hang up in your own area.
©Bailing Out Benji 2021
All research and information was done by Bailing Out Benji
and must be cited as such when shared or quoted
If you are wondering where your puppy was born, please contact us through the form below. All requests for information will remain confidential.