“We don’t buy from puppy mills.”
“All of our puppies come from small, local breeders.”
“We visit every breeder we buy from.”
We have all heard these sentences come from the mouths of pet store owners and their employees. They paint this beautiful picture of puppies running by a pond and parents frolicking in the fresh, green grass… Sadly, 99% of the time that is false. The pet store owners know it, the employees might know it- but the customer is completely in the dark.
This is why we are here.
Bailing Out Benji is a small nonprofit that started in Ames, Iowa and now has volunteer teams all over the country who are dedicated to raising awareness about the puppy mill industry.
Volunteers from Bailing Out Benji devote their free time to researching puppy mills to create puppy mill maps for the worst states, as well as raise awareness about notorious pet stores and breeding operations with huge violations. This includes obtaining CVI data (Certificates of Veterinary Inspections) and making those reports public. To learn more about the puppy mills in your location, you can also go to our interactive website and search engine.
-Before an animal is transported out of state, a veterinarian, accredited by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), must examine the animal for signs of “infectious, contagious or communicable disease” and, if no disease is found, sign the certificate for approval to transport.
To make this easier, we will be breaking our research down alphabetically by each pet store and connecting them to the various facilities they use. All of this information has come from the Department of Agriculture and the USDA. All of the breeders listed as associated with the pet stores sold puppies or kittens to them in 2021.
This research can be extremely costly, please consider making a donation to help us continue exposing the puppy mill industry. Every dollar helps us!
Dream Puppys- 1422 Westgate Pkwy, Dothan, AL 36303
- Angela Kochs, Rocky Creek Inc. Niangua, Missouri- 255 adult breeding dogs and 88 puppies with a history of violations that led to her being named one of the worst puppy mills in the country.
- Curt and Lori Conrad, Conrad’s Cuddly Canine’s. Frankford, Missouri- Large puppy broker with 8 puppies at the time of last inspection.
- Dennis Ory, Orys Circle 7 Red Angus. Rocky Comfort, Missouri- 44 adult breeding dogs and 17 puppies.
- Linda Williams and Matt Williams, Queen of Hearts Puppies. Sarcoxie, Missouri- 63 adult breeding dogs and 22 puppies.
- Marcee Bryant and John Bryant, Puppy Junction. Seneca, Missouri- 89 adult breeding dogs and 14 puppies. This breeder had numerous violations in 2021 including not providing dental care and having outdoor runs that were in disrepair.
- Phil Hoover, Show Me Puppies . Memphis, Missouri- 370 adult breeding dogs and 131 puppies.
- Scott Wheatcraft and Gaynetta Snyder, Precious paws. Browning, Missouri- 125 adult breeding dogs and 78 puppies.
- Tony Schindler, QD Kennels. Frankford, Missouri- massive puppy broker with 68 puppies on their property at the time of last inspection.
There are more puppy-stores in Alabama such as Puppy Den (28825 US-98 C, Daphne), Petland Montgomery (7127 Eastchase Pkwy, Montgomery), Wet Pets (1712 Montgomery Hwy. Dothan) , Troy Pets And Grooming (1207 S Brundidge St
Troy), and Alabama Toys and Teacups (621 N Brindlee Mountain Pkwy Arab) that we do not have records on yet.
If you bought a puppy and want to learn more about where they were born, please fill out the form below.
For more ways you can help the dogs trapped in puppy mills, click here.
We also have educational materials that you can print to hang up in your own area.
©Bailing Out Benji 2022
All research was done by Bailing Out Benji and must be cited as such when shared or quoted!
To view the rest of our CVI data, click here.
To those consumers that have bought a puppy and are wondering about their actual background -please feel free to fill out the form below with any questions or paperwork that you have. We will confidentially research the breeder your puppy came from.