Bailing Out Benji is seeking an animal loving, mission-focused, strategic and process-minded leader to bring efficient and effective systems to increase the productivity of the organization.
The Director of Operations and Volunteer Development oversees everything internal, from internal communications to volunteer management, freeing up the Executive Director to focus on external matters such as fundraising, public relations, and partnerships. This role also manages all day-to-day aspects of the organization alongside the Executive Director.
This position is responsible for promoting, overseeing, and supervising the implementation of the strategic philosophies, policies, campaigns, and programs of Bailing Out Benji by State Team Leaders and Volunteers. This position will also be responsible for managing and leading the development and implementation of state agendas by State Team Leaders to aid in achieving organizational goals, monitoring the development of local and grassroots support and overseeing state legislative agendas. In addition, ensuring that all of our volunteers and the organization are being proactive in advancing our humane education programs in their states, as well as working towards humane legislation in their city/state.
Bailing Out Benji is a small, non-profit organization that is dedicated to educating the public and providing them with the most current and accurate data regarding the puppy mill industry.
This is a full-time job.
- Strong commitment to animal welfare and the mission of Bailing Out Benji.
- Three or more years of management and leadership experience in several of the following areas:
- Volunteer management
- Communications/public relations
- Human resources
- Financial management/budgeting
- Animal welfare
- Information technology
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Political Science, Nonprofit Management, Communications/Media Human Resources or Animal Science preferred.
- Must be 21+ and have a valid driver’s license.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to work courteously and cooperatively with all members of Bailing Out Benji and the public.
- Strong negotiation, persuasion, and influencing skills. Requires the ability to interact with internal clients and external stakeholders with aplomb.
- The ability to build/foster relationships by reinforcing trust and respect, while demonstrating high standards of tact, diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to multitask, delete or push back tasks and work in a fast paced environment under sometimes tight deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and the Office suite and G Suite, including Gmail and Google Drive.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision and direction
- Experience using social media professionally.
- Fundraising experience in a plus. Must be willing to learn. All employees are asked to help with fundraising to a certain degree.
- Highest levels of integrity and ethics together with outstanding personal credibility required,
How to apply:
Submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Operations & Employee Development” in the subject line.
**Candidates who do not follow application instructions and/or do not send all requested documents will not be considered .**
Job Contact Details
Closing Date: Thursday, April 30, 2020